People find it challenging to know what works and what doesn’t. Suppose you’re looking for a way to add volume, glamor, and length to your lashes without the hassle of mascara. Lashify and Lash Extensions offer semi-permanent eyelashes that last you for days without worrying about every morning application.
This article gives you a detailed comparison of these semi-permanent eyelashes so you can easily choose one that best suits you.
Lashify Product Overview
View this post on Instagram
If you have been looking to wake up with long lashes without breaking the bank, Lashify is here for you. It is a DIY lash extension system allows you to apply gossamers to your under lashes with a patented and proprietary glue.
Lashify is the first product of its kind to offer custom, reusable extensions to help you achieve longer, fuller lashes without having to waste money or time at the salon every few weeks.
They come in 3 styles: amplify, bold, and curl.
Although this product is pricey, it can be cheaper when you purchase the control kit, which comes with everything you need: gossamers, fuse control wand, whisper light dual-sided bond, glass, wandom, and free samples of pre- cleanse and melt away. These gossamers can last a month if you know how to reuse and maintain them, making them cheaper in the long run.
How to Apply Lashify
Just like any other eyelash extension and makeup, applying Lashify is an art and requires practice to perfect it.
Here is how to simply put on Lashify lashes in minutes;
● Ensure your lashes are clean, dry, and free of makeup or other products.
● Apply whisper light in black, and let leave it for some seconds. You can always fan it with your fingers or a lash fan.
● Add another layer of whisper light in black, focusing on the base of your natural lashes to create a cushion. Leave it for some time. To test whether it’s no longer wet, you can always use the back of your finger.
● Next, apply whisper light clear in dots. You should apply it 1-2 mm above your water line. At this point, you can see the dots applied in white and wait until it turns transparent.
● Feel with your fingers, and ensure it’s sticky and not wet.
● You are almost there; now, gently pick up each gossamer’s strand from the carriage by holding its base with your fuse control wand or using your fingers, careful not to damage them.
● Apply the gossamers using your fuse control wand, starting with the center and finishing with the inner corner. You can give a reverse fuse using your control wand to ensure it sticks well.
● Now it’s time to seal. You will wait for 30 min after applying the lashes.
● Finally, brush your new Lashify lashes with glass to create a glossy, water-resistant, and lasting finish.
As per the company, the lashes should last up to 10 days. However, my first Lashify lasted for four days, but my consecutive lasted me to a maximum of 6 days.
If you wish to learn more, check this video by Sandy Carina. Big S/O to her. 😊
Pros and Cons of Lashify
● Lashify Gossamer lashes are reusable.
● The lashes look perfectly natural
● Easy to apply and last long
● You can adjust the look from subtle to dramatic
● They won’t damage your natural lashes
● The application process takes some time to get used to
Eyelash Extensions Overview
If you are looking to rock lashes for weeks without the hustle of having to remove them every day, then you should try Eyelash Extension.
Eyelash Extension is a semi-permanent alternative to Lashify. The natural, individual lashes are applied using a highly specialized technique to ensure natural and beautiful results. Individual lashes are bonded with a medical-grade adhesive to the natural eyelid and your existing lashes.
Eyelash Extensions are a great way to add length, volume, and fullness to your lashes. They can last up to 6 weeks with the proper care.
How to Use Eyelash Extensions
● First, your eyelashes are cleaned to remove build-up and dried with a soft towel.
● The primer is applied to your lashes to help improve the attachment of the lashes to your natural lashes.
● An eye pad is placed to hold your bottom lashes, and the specialist maps out your eyelash set.
● The technician uses one tweezer to isolate your natural lashes and another to place individual lashes at the roots of your natural lashes. Each lash is applied individually.
● Your lash stylist uses a lash fan for 2 minutes or more for the lash extension to dry before applying a coat of adhesive over the top of the first layer with a brush.
Until the glue fully dries, you should avoid getting water or makeup on your eyelashes. This usually takes about 24 hours.
Check this out:
Pros and Cons of Eyelash Extensions
● It can be customized in terms of length, thickness, and curl
● It saves time in your morning routine.
● Last longer than falsies
● It can damage your natural lashes if not done correctly.
Lashify vs. Eyelash Extensions Comparison
These two eyelashes are great since you can wear them for a long without worrying about mascara application.
The common difference between these two are;
Lashify is DIY. You can apply it yourself in the comfort of your home while an eyelash extension has to be used by a Lash specialist.
Lashify lashes last up to 10 days, while Lashify lashes last for up to 6 weeks.
While both are more expensive than mascara, Lashify costs $ 145. Eyelash Extensions vary depending on the specialist, but most professionals charge between $200 and $500.
So, Which One Wins?
It’s hard to tell which one carries the day as both give you excellent results. But from the user’s point of view, here’s what you need to consider.
Affordability: If you want semi-permanent lashes and money is not an issue, go for eyelash extensions as they take you a whole one-month rocking lashes like a celebrity. However, if the price is a limiting factor, Lashify is also great, but you have to change them weekly.
Convenience: If you need lashes, you can wear them whenever you need them. Lashify wins because you can easily apply yourself at home, unlike Lashify, which requires visiting a specialist.
Looks: Both offer unique looks. However, Lashify looks more natural than eyelash Extensions, while in volume and glamor, lash extensions give a more voluminous look and great glamor than Lashify.
So, it’s a win-win, depending on what suits your needs best.
My Personal Review
I would recommend any of these anytime.
Lashify is easy to put on once you master the use, and you can also remove it any time, whenever you need. However, I have had to replace the gossamers after 3- 4 days.
On the other hand, eyelash extensions look pretty well; they will last all month long and can easily complement any outfit. The only drawback is that you can’t apply it to yourself. The price can also be limiting as compared to Lashify.
The truth is that both Lashify and Eyelash Extensions make you look pretty and glamorous. If you’re thinking of getting eyelashes, you should consider the factors that matter to you the most, i.e., price, the convenience to apply, and the longevity and success of your lashes. Hopefully, our comparison helps solidify what you’re looking for in an eyelash solution.