False eyelashes are a great way to add spice and glamor to enhance your look. They make your eyes appear bigger, brighter, and beautiful. But how often should you wear them? Women have been wearing false eyelashes for decades to enhance their eyes’ general looks and increase confidence.
False eyelashes can be risky in the hands of untrained individuals. Be sure that the person applying your false eyelashes has experience. And if doing it yourself, ensure you have done it correctly. Some people are allergic to false eyelashes, so you should do a test run before using them.
To know if you can wear eyelashes every day, how to wear them safely, and how long you should use a pair? Keep on reading.
What Happens When You Wear False Eyelashes Every Day?
False eyelashes are a great way to add glamor to your looks. You can wear them for special occasions or everyday wear. Eyelashes do not pose adverse severe side effects. However, you should ensure you put them on correctly and remove them the right way to avoid damage to your natural lashes.
Effects of Wearing Eyelashes Everyday
While playing around with your looks is fun, you should know the effects of wearing false eyelashes daily.
False eyelashes can be uncomfortable and can irritate. If you wear it for an extended period, it could lead to eye infections. You should avoid using false eyelashes daily if you have sensitive skin or eyes.
If your eyelashes are naturally thick, wearing false lashes won’t weigh down your natural ones as it would for someone with thin lashes.
Natural lashes are delicate and sensitive. Wearing false eyelashes daily can irritate your natural lashes and make them brittle over time. This is because the false eyelashes are thicker than your lashes, putting more pressure on them.
You can experience irritation from wearing the glue with most false eyelashes. The glue has chemicals that can cause redness and swell around your eyes, leading to infection if left untreated.
How to Safely Wear False Eyelashes
False eyelashes have been a beauty staple for decades, but many women still don’t know how to wear them properly for everyday use. Here are some tips for safely wearing false eyelashes:
Ensure your lashes fit your eye shape and size. There are many different types of false eyelashes available. If you’re not sure which ones will work, ask your stylist or try on different types at the store to see which style works best with your natural lashes.
If you’re using strip lashes, cut off the excess length with scissors and apply glue by dabbing it onto the back of each strip with a cotton swab or makeup brush. Use enough glue so that the strip is secure.
Hold lashes against your lash line, then use tweezers to gently press down on the outer corner of the strip until it’s in place above your natural lash line.
Store your lashes in their original packaging or in an airtight container when not in use to avoid drying out or getting tangled
For How Long Should You Use a Pair Of Eyelashes?
There’s no one-size-fits-all answer to this question. The number of times you should reuse eyelashes depends on; the quality of the lashes and how you care for them. You can use synthetic false eyelashes 4 to 8 times, while human hair and animal fur are used 20 to 30 times.
Other things that affect how long your lashes last include:
● How often do you wear makeup
● The quality of the glue used on your lashes and if it’s been applied correctly
● The type of glue used on your lashes
How Do You Clean Your False Eyelashes?
Use warm water and mild soap or baby shampoo to clean them. Ensure that they are dry before storing them in their original packaging or a container with a lid that closes securely. If you don’t have lashes glue remover at home, petroleum jelly works as an alternative option for removing glue from your false eyelashes.
Use rubbing alcohol as it dissolves adhesive quickly and leaves no residue behind. However, if your falsies aren’t made of synthetic materials like silk or nylon, this method damages them because alcohol is strong.
Advantages of False Eyelashes
False eyelashes are a great option to enhance your natural eyelashes without damaging them. False eyelashes are easy to apply and come in different types. They are worn at events or for everyday wear.
False lashes have several advantages, including:
● Customizable. False eyelashes are tailored to suit your eye shape and desired look. False eyelashes come in many styles. Spiky, feathered, and straight to match different eye shapes and needs.
● It does not cause any damage. False eyelashes are applied with glue, which is gentler on your skin than other lash-enhancing products like mascara or glue-on extensions.
● Enhance the overall appearance of your face. False eyelashes make it easy to enhance the overall appearance of your face. It’s like getting a makeover without spending money on expensive makeup products.
● They’re reusable. Once you know how to apply the false lashes correctly, you can take them off and put them on as desired.
● False lashes give your eyes a natural lift without resorting to surgery or Botox. They’re great if you want your eyelids to look youthful and awake without making permanent changes.
Disadvantages of False Eyelashes
● They are more expensive than mascara. False eyelashes are pricey because you buy the lashes and the glue to hold them in place.
● The glue can cause eye infections if not used correctly. If you aren’t careful when applying the glue, it can cause eye infections if you get it in your eye.
● Not easy to remove. Removing false eyelashes can be difficult. Some people use oil for removal, but it’s not recommended as they damage your natural lashes. You may need a skilled person to help you remove the false eyelashes.
What You Need to Know Before Purchasing False Eyelashes
Do you wear false eyelashes every day? Whether you wear false eyelashes every day or are planning to get false eyelashes, there are things you should consider before purchasing your false eyelashes.
Before shopping, you should consider the look you want to achieve and the material that suits your style. The material of the false eyelashes and the price should also determine your purchasing decision.
There are many materials for false eyelashes. The fur is soft and has a natural look. Also, the silk is lightweight and flexible. Synthetic fibers rarely have individual strands. Instead, they are made up of multiple strands. Human hair is a natural option but expensive.