Natural Immune System Boosters
When fall comes, so do the winter time blues. The temperature in the air drops, kids return to school, and the germs and viruses escalate. Having a strong immune system is what is needed to fight off viruses and bacteria that you come into contact with.
Obviously, a diet rich in whole foods, water, exercise and sleep play a crucial role in keeping your body at optimal health. Plus the daily products that you use. Are you reading your labels? What ingredients are in your toothpaste, shampoo, lotion, soap, household cleaner, laundry detergent… what you put ON your body, goes IN your body. Please do not think “natural, organic, or pure” are exactly that. Read your labels! Many natural and organic products contain toxic ingredients!
What can we do to avoid these wintertime blues? What to do when you start to feel sick and run down? How can we avoid colds and flu altogether? How can we minimize a cold if we indeed get one?
My recommendations are things that you can do, naturally, to bring homeostasis to the body. Many of our illnesses are from factors that can be eliminated.
Natural Immune System Boosters
- Vitamin C
- Juicing- juice leafy greens (kale, spinach, cucumber, celery) and other fruits and veggies as well as adding in garlic and ginger to promote health and well being.
- Rich whole (raw) foods diet
- Water- will flush out toxins
- Avoid white sugar, white bread, enriched products, processed foods, diet soda…
- Essential Oils
- NingXia Red – powerful super food juice
- Raw local honey and cinnamon
- Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar
- Reduce stress
- Get plenty of rest
So how can essential oils strengthen the immune system to fight bacteria, viruses and other air borne pathogens? Keep in mind that plant essences derived from herbs, seeds and leaves were mankind’s first medicine. Essential Oils are the missing link to modern medicine. When you use medicinal essential oils and NOT fragrant/cosmetic grade oils, that you can buy at the health food store, you will get healthy and well from the inside out. Essential oils are the life blood or life source of the plant. The oils work in unison with our body, they are not foreign substances, as are over the counter and prescription drugs. They heal the body naturally, safely, and effectively. There has never been a recall on any essential oil- unlike over the counter and prescription drugs!
Best Immune-Boosting Essential Oils and How to Use Them:
(these are Young Living essential oils- I do not recommend nor endorse any other essential oil)
- Oregano. is one of the most powerful and versatile essential oils. It contains strong immune-enhancing and antioxidant properties and supports the respiratory system.* Oregano may also be used to enhance the flavor of food. Oregano is also a key oil used in the Raindrop Technique, a massage application of essential oils, which is designed to bring about electrical alignment in the body. The chemo-type of Young Living’s Oregano is Carvacrol.Oregano is best applied on the back, shoulders, and the bottoms of the feet.
- Lemon: Add this oil to your glass of water daily for maintaining optimal health. has a strong, purifying, citrus scent that is revitalizing and uplifting. Lemon consists of 68 percent dlimonene, a powerful antioxidant. It is delightfully refreshing in water and may be beneficial for the skin. Lemon may also be used to enhance the flavor of foods. Lemon essential oil is cold-pressed from the rinds of lemons. Jean Valnet MD estimated that it takes 3,000 lemons to produce one kilo of oil. In his book, The Practice of Aromatherapy, Valnet wrote that lemon is a tonic for supporting the nervous and sympathetic nervous system.
- Thieves: was created based on research about four thieves in France who covered themselves with cloves, rosemary, and other aromatics while robbing plague victims. This proprietary essential oil blend was university tested for its cleansing abilities. It is highly effective in supporting the immune system and good health. Apply to the throat, feet, spine, and taken internally. Either add a drop to your glass of water, or tea/coffee, or on a piece of bread.
- Immupower: is a powerful blend of therapeutic-grade essential oils that create a fragrant and protective haven while increasing positive energy. Apply to the throat, chest, spine, feet. Dilute if it causes sensitivity to the skin (warming sensation).
- Frankincense: has a sweet, warm, balsamic aroma that is stimulating and elevating to the mind. Useful for visualizing, improving one’s spiritual connection, and centering, it has comforting properties that help focus the mind and overcome stress and despair. Frankincense is considered the holy anointing oil in the Middle East, where it has been used in religious ceremonies for thousands of years. More recently, it has been used in European and American hospitals and is the subject of substantial research. Frankincense is also a valuable ingredient in skin care products for aging and dry skin. The ancient Egyptians used it in rejuvenation face masks.
The Young Living Everyday Oils Kit has a number of these valuable immune-boosting oils such as lemon, frankincense and Thieves. This is the best way to get started in using essential oils, everyday.
This is what our family does and I hope it helps you. What do you do to stay healthy and well? What natural tips can you share with us?