Are You Stressed?
Did you know that stress affects your health? Science and medicine say that 80% of illnesses are emotionally related. Roughly 80% of doctors visits are related to stress. Stress is a condition that most of us are all too familiar with. In the pace of life that most of us live, we usually experience it in some fashion or another.
Current research shows that 70-80% of diseases and illnesses are precipitated or aggravated by stress (example: type II diabetes, colds, flu, migraines, ulcers, cancer, etc). Stress related symptoms that appear in the physical body are a manifestation of unresolved issues that occurred earlier. Thoughts, stress and emotions that are not dealt with will eventually cause dis-ease in the body.
Most stress related symptoms fall into either the nervous system or immune system.
The nervous system gets compromised and the following can occur:
Bronchial asthma, tension headaches/migraines, TMJ, IBS
The immune system gets compromised and the following can occur:
Cold, flu, allergies, rheumatoid arthritis, ulcers, lupus, cancer
What you can do to help with stress
- Avoid the intake of stimulants (such as caffeine) or depressants (such as alcohol and anti-depressant drugs)
- Avoid smoking – if you do smoke try to give it up
- Eat fresh, whole food and plenty of fruit and vegetables- cut out “white” sugar, flour and processed foods
- Get plenty of exercise
- Get plenty of sleep (at least try to be in bed for six to eight hours)
- Apply essential oils topically and via inhalation to help with relaxation, such as Lavender, Tranquil, Stress Away and Peace and Calming – they help bring balance to the body-no side effects- prescription drugs cause side effects and greater harm to your body
- Manage your work overload and job related stress- learn to say, “No”
- Plan ahead to reduce any performance stress- make a schedule or a check list to prevent overload
- Massage, meditation of God’s Word, relaxing in a warm bath with essential oils will assist in relieving tension
- Take vitamin and mineral supplements- Vit. B, C and Zinc will help with your nervous and immune system
Scripture versus to turn to when you are Stressed
Philippians 4:6-7 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
Matthew 11:28-30 “Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I give you is light.”
John 14:27 “I am leaving you with a gift–peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give isn’t like the peace the world gives. So don’t be troubled or afraid.”
Isaiah 12:2 “Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.”
Hebrews 13:6 “So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
Psalm 56:3 “When I am afraid, I will trust in you.”
Personally, when I am stressed, I go to God’s word and I anoint myself with oil. I have seen a big difference in using essential oils along with prayer and reading God’s word. God, prayer and essential oils are like a “reset button” for me!
Stress is a serious thing. As noted above, it can lead to several health problems. If you are suffering with stress, give essential oils a try! Go take a walk, or perhaps even a nap. Grab the word of God and set your gaze upon Him. I am here to pray with you, support and encourage you. I want you healthy and we can find ways to combat your stress.
Please post your comments and prayer requests below, I want to hear from you! Blessings
Shared Allergy Free Wednesdays